Whole Wheat Bread

Whole Wheat Bread

I got this bread recipe from Laurel Mills (used to be fulkerson) my friend I grew up in Gunnison with. I have made it several times since she gave it to me and love it. I borrowed my mother-in-law's wheat grinder and made it from scratch which doesn't take any time at all. Also, I like the all wheat, but I do a half wheat, half white flour for Randy (picky).

1 pkg. yeast in 1/4 c. water
1 T. salt
1/3 c. honey
6 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/3 c. hot water
1/3 c. oil
1 T. molasses

Dissolve yeast 5 min. Add in hot water and 3 c. flour. Mix and add salt, oil, molasses and honey. Add the rest of the flour. Use mixer till it's too thick, and then knead with oiled hands till soft. Let rise double. Put in 2 loaf pans and rise. Bake 350 for 45 min.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy