Squash Casserole

It was my turn for Sunday dinner today. I cooked pork chops which I don't do, ever, really it is usually beef, chicken, maybe a ham. So I actually looked up a recipe off the internet to cook those. It was okay, but I wouldn't say just great. I also had Zatarans rice and red beans, this squash casserole I am going to give you, fruit (watermelon, plums, mangos), green salad. Then we made homemade ice cream. Cheescake icecream with raspberries and bananas (very yummy! Anyone hungry yet?)

So this casserole was very good and everyone had seconds. Try it if you have some extra squash hanging around.

YELLOW CROOK NECK SQUASH OR ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
6 c. yellow squash or zucchini or mixture of both (I used about 3 reg size)
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded carrots
1 (8 oz.) pkg. herb seasoned stuffing mix (I just had chicken flavored stuffing in the pantry)
1/2 c. butter-melted, optional

In saucepan cook diced squash and onion in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Use very little water. Drain well.Combine mushroom soup and sour cream and stir in shredded carrot. Fold in drained squash and onion. If using butter, stir it in to stuffing mix. Spread half of the stuffing mixin the bottom of a 12 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. Spread the vegetable mixture on the stuffing. Top with remainingstuffing mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes oruntil hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy

Pomegranate Syrup

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo