Homemade Bisquick

10 cups flour
1 Tblsp cream of tarter
1/4 cup sugar
just under 1/2 cup baking powder
1 1/2 Tblsp salt
2 cups shortening

Mix together with mix master or I just used a blender and it fits pretty good in one of those 5 gallon ice cream buckets. To make pancakes add 1 cup milk and 1 egg with enough mix to make pancakes as thick as you like. (about 1 cup or less). For biscuits, add 1 cup milk to 3 cups mix. Roll into ball and smash onto cookie sheets and bake. About 350 for 8 min. Check for brown bottoms and not doughy.

Tip: To make this healthier you could leave out the sugar and use half white, half whole wheat. I have also left out the cream of tarter and not noticed a difference. I haven't ever left out the sugar so that is up to you, but I have seen healthy recipes similar with no sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy