Fresh Peach Pie

If you haven't noticed I usually only put recipes on here that I LOVE! Sometimes they are just great tasting and others are just easy to make and are pretty good. This is one that I LOVE.

Pie Crust:
3 c. flour
1 c. Crisco
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Mix together with your hands until it is mixed evenly. Take 1/2 c. of hot tap water and put in 1 tbsp. of vinegar. Mix this with the other stuff and roll out. Makes 4 crusts, or 2 pies if you have a top crust and bottom.

Peach Pie:
3 cups sliced peaches
1 cup sugar
1-3 oz. pkg. peach jell-o
1/3 c. cold water
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup 7-up

Heat 7-up & sugar to dissolve sugar. Mix cornstarch and water and add to 7-up mixture. Cook until slightly thick. Add dry Jell-o, chill, mix with fruit or berries. Pour into baked pie shell. Top with ice cream or cool whip.

*I usually double the recipe and it makes about 3 pies. With the pie crust if you have left over, bake it flat in strips and top with sugar and cinnamon mixture, then bake with the crusts. YUMMY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy

Pomegranate Syrup

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo