Pork Dijon

This is Laurel's recipe. I am just adding it to it's own post to easy find in the future. We made this last week and it was really good. Now I have two pork chop recipes that I like. Thanks Laurel.

Pork Dijon:
4 pork steaks, 1" thick, fat removed if you please (shears)
1 Tbs. oil (I always use olive oil for health, but you will get a smoky kitchen as it has a very low smoking point temperature-wise)
6 to 8 green onions, sliced and separated into green and white parts
1/4 c. chicken broth (I sometimes use water and granules)
3/4 c. evaporated milk (freeze the other half-a-can in a ziploc!)
1/4 c. dijon mustard

I learned on Rachael Ray that cold meat seizes up when it hits a hot pan and becomes tough. Therefore, I advise you to let your meat sit at room temperature for 30 min. prior to cooking, if you can stand it and keep little ones away. Set the pork on paper towels to dry (moisture causes spitting oil) and pepper them a bit. In a skillet, heat oil at md. high. Lay in your steaks and give them a few minutes (4-5) on each side until nice and brown and crispy! (or done through). Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil. They say this keeps in heat and helps redistribute the juices. Next, saute the white part of the onions in the same pan for 1 min. Remember to scrape up those flavorful brown bits! Add the broth and cook about 3 min. until it has boiled down to about half. Add the milk and mustard and boil for a minute until it thickens. I also add the juices that have settled on the pork plate. Top pork with sauce and sprinkle with green onions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy