Chunky Salsa

Randy's grandma gave us this salsa the other day and I can tell you it is too much of a temptation for me. She got this from Aunt Beth who got it for Christmas. Merry Christmas to me, it was delicious. The salsa itself is pretty good for you. It is the half a bag of chips I ate with it, not so good. Plus I was eating it when I wasn't even hungry. Still I am passing this along because you all need to try it. You'll love it.

Combine all ingredients. This will store in fridge for 3 days (if it lasts that long).

2 each 14-15 oz cans of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
2 each of fresh tomatoes diced
1 can shoepeg corn (green giant packs it)
1 small can of chopped olives
1 small can of diced green chilies (use all or part, according to taste)
1 thinly sliced green onions
1/3 chopped /diced white or yellow onion
2 fresh avocado chopped or diced
1/2 cup of Italian dressing
Juice of fresh lime
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped (use as much or as little as you like)
red chili pepper to taste (maybe 1/8 to 1/6 teaspoon)
salt and pepper to taste
mix all ingredients together, stirring well and then have plenty of tortilla chips.
refrigerate any leftovers, best if used within 2-3 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy