Meatball Subs
I think I will add this to next week meals. I found this on Too Many Recipes. Randy will love it.
For the meatballs:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I also add a small amount of oatmeal.)
1 small onion, diced
1 dash Worsterchire sauce
1 dash onion powder
1 dash salt
1 egg
1 TBSP grated Parmesean cheese
1 large (approx. 32 oz.) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
6-8 sub or hoagie buns
Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Cook meatballs: either bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so, or, microwave until done-- it takes about 8 minutes in my microwave.
(May freeze at this point by placing meatballs on a foil-lined cookie sheet and freezing. After frozen, remove from cookie sheet and place into zip-top bag.)
Place meatballs in crockpot and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
To make subs: place meatballs and sauce on buns, top as desired, and enjoy!
Optional: I like to toast the buns with a little butter and garlic salt, and then top the meatballs with sliced mozzarella cheese and broil until melted.
For the meatballs:
1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I also add a small amount of oatmeal.)
1 small onion, diced
1 dash Worsterchire sauce
1 dash onion powder
1 dash salt
1 egg
1 TBSP grated Parmesean cheese
1 large (approx. 32 oz.) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
6-8 sub or hoagie buns
Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet.
Cook meatballs: either bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so, or, microwave until done-- it takes about 8 minutes in my microwave.
(May freeze at this point by placing meatballs on a foil-lined cookie sheet and freezing. After frozen, remove from cookie sheet and place into zip-top bag.)
Place meatballs in crockpot and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
To make subs: place meatballs and sauce on buns, top as desired, and enjoy!
Optional: I like to toast the buns with a little butter and garlic salt, and then top the meatballs with sliced mozzarella cheese and broil until melted.
Comments