Wet Burrito
I have never heard of a Wet Burrito before. If you google it you will find that it is made a ton of different ways and very popular. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try tonight. This was super easy and quick. I made them with both the meat and refried bean mixture. I also topped them with fat free sour cream and home-made salsa. They were really good. Randy had three and said he wanted to stop after two.
This is an extremely versatile recipe that’s so easy to make ahead and then refrigerate until you’re ready to throw it in the oven. The basic directions are as follows:
fill flour tortillas with a beef or bean (or combination) mixture
roll the tortillas and place seam side down in a baking dish
cover with enchilada sauce until the burritos are completely covered
sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby Jack, etc.) I only had about 1/2 cup in the house so that is all I used. It was still really good with less cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is bubbly and the burritos are heated through (25 min)
Burrito Filling Options:
Ground beef. Brown ground beef with chopped onions. Add taco seasoning and water (2 TB taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water per pound of ground beef) and simmer for 10 minutes before spooning into the tortillas.
Refried beans. Fill the tortillas with just refried beans, or mix the beans with the ground beef before spooning into tortillas.
This is an extremely versatile recipe that’s so easy to make ahead and then refrigerate until you’re ready to throw it in the oven. The basic directions are as follows:
fill flour tortillas with a beef or bean (or combination) mixture
roll the tortillas and place seam side down in a baking dish
cover with enchilada sauce until the burritos are completely covered
sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese (Cheddar, Colby Jack, etc.) I only had about 1/2 cup in the house so that is all I used. It was still really good with less cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is bubbly and the burritos are heated through (25 min)
Burrito Filling Options:
Ground beef. Brown ground beef with chopped onions. Add taco seasoning and water (2 TB taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water per pound of ground beef) and simmer for 10 minutes before spooning into the tortillas.
Refried beans. Fill the tortillas with just refried beans, or mix the beans with the ground beef before spooning into tortillas.
Comments