Canning Day!
Yesterday, I spent the day, first picking the garden, then canning. Since I got back from Vacation, I have been getting a ton of tomatoes. So I decided to can them yesterday. First I started the Zucchini Relish. While that was soaking I did the Salsa (we love this salsa recipe). Then since today is Great Grandma Reeve's Birthday I made a Zucchini Cake for her. This is also a favorite.
I was super sore last night. My back can't take that much standing and working without telling me about it all night. But look at all the canned goods I have to reap for my reward. Love It! I have plans to do some Tomato Soup, more salsa, Peaches, and diced tomatoes as I get more from my garden. I did some diced tomatoes last year and used them alot. I like not having to buy that.
Anybody have a favorite canning recipe they would like to share? I Love to try new ones.
Comments