Spinach Berry Smoothie
I love smoothies! So easy to make and you can make them out of any fruit mixture you have on hand or like. I posted an Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie recipe before. Follow the main, frozen, fresh fruit, yogurt mixture and it pretty much turns out great every time. This would be good with strawberries and bananas also. It might turn out more green from the spinach.
While checking out at Costco yesterday the lady there noticed my spinach and asked if I make smoothies. Yep, I do. She suggested making them with spinach. Hmmm...never would have done it before. I tried it last night and love it.
About 3/4 cup of frozen berries
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (I like the Dannon Light & Fit-80 cal. for 1 cup)
Two big hand fulls of Spinach-(See the 2 1/2 pound bag I got from Costco)
1/4 cup juice
6-7 Strawberries
I had some leftover canned pears-throw in 3 or 4 slices
3 Tbsp. ground flax seed
Throw it all in the blender except the flax seed. It is easier to blend if the yogurt and juice is closer to the bottom. I had to smoosh mine and stir it down.
Comments