Quinoa Tips

How have I added Quinoa to my diet?

I tried it plain, with a little salt & pepper. It was ok, not great. So I have been looking around and asking other people.

You can grind your quinoa in your trusty coffee grinder and add it to breads, oatmeal, muffins or pretty much anything you are baking. I tried it in wheat bread the other day (added about 2/3 cup to 3 loaves of bread) and the people I tested it on, Randy and his mom, said it tasted good and couldn't taste the added ingredient. I could taste the quinoa in it because I have had it before, but it wasn't a strong taste and the bread was still great. Will do that again.

Comments

Hollie said…
Now, I've heard that you can replace Quinta for oatmeal. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm allergic to oatmeal and I love these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that my sister makes. would you know what kind to buy for doing that?
Heather said…
I like the bob's red mill brand. It is already washed and ready to eat. I have heard other brands you need to wash and strain to get the tart flavor off it. I get flax seed from the same brand. So far I like Amazon.com subscribe and save for these things because it is cheaper. They ship fast and you can cancel whenever you want. So far I am not that impressed with the flavor of Quinoa. I think to add it to my diet I will try to mostly grind it and add to other things. :)

Here is the link for Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-26-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000EDG3UE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1217519231&sr=8-1

Popular posts from this blog

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy

Pomegranate Syrup

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo