Crockpot Oatmeal

We are not an oatmeal family. I sooo wish I started giving my kids oatmeal while they were babies so they would love it now. We are more of a pancake and cereal kind of family. Justin loved this and ate most of the peaches. The girls not so much. I really like it after I added some more Oatmeal and cooked a little longer. I have always wanted to try a breakfast crockpot recipe and see how it turned out in the morning. I would do this one again.

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups Oatmeal-If you want more liquid than oatmeal stick with 2 cups.
8 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups peaches

Spray your crockpot dish with pam. Pour all ingredients except the peaches. Stir and cook on low for 8 hours. I slept in and cooked it for 10 hours and it was still ok. Also the recipe called for 2 cups oatmeal, but I thought it should be way more thicker so I changed it to 3 1/2. Also, changed the peaches from 1 cup to 2 cups. Before serving slice the peaches and throw them in, stir and serve.

Serves 8

Comments

Laurel said…
This sounds really yummy. I will definitely be trying this. My kids love oatmeal. Yes, I have frozen brown bananas. I didn't read up on it first, but I peeled them and stuck them in a ziploc, then let the girls squish it all up. I think I microwaved it and dumped it right into my batter and the bread turned out fine.
Laurel said…
Oh, about sprouts--The kind you buy at the store are typically mung bean sprouts which can be found at asian food stores (the beans). My mom did alfalfa when we were kids, but I'm not sure where she got the seeds. I did wheat grass from food storage, but didn't eat it...

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy