Food Tip-Brown Sugar

I haven't tried this yet, but I am going to. I just need to find a container for it. I always have issues with my brown sugar going hard before I use it all. I recently discovered that if you put it in a container and throw in a piece of bread it will never go hard again. Also, the bread never goes moldy. I have no idea why this would work and it would be interesting to find out. I know the old throw it in the microwave works just fine to soften your sugar, but I thought this little tip would be fun to try out and see if it really works.

Comments

Laurel said…
This does work. I have never tried with anything but white bread because I heard that's the only thing that does the trick. Also, my Mom-in-law buys those rock hard gingersnaps from the store, but likes them soft, so she sticks them in a ziploc with white bread overnight--works like a charm!
Heather said…
I wondered about the white bread vs. wheat or other ones. Thanks for telling me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy