Zucchini Relish #2

I love the relish recipe I got from Kay. This year the person I got a bunch of zucchini from also gave me their own recipe for zucchini relish so I thought I would make a batch of theirs and a batch of kay's to experiment. I love both, although I don't think this one is as healthy since there is so much sugar, but it's good! So I guess each year I will be making two recipes. Which is okay since I love to put this relish on everything. Any sandwiches (instead of mayo if I am being healthy), potato salads, egg salads, pasta salads, hot dogs, hamburgers.....

Ingredients
11 cups zucchini-shredded
4 c. Onion-shredded
1 Red Pepper
2 Green Pepper
(the recipe didn't call for it, but I added 1 carrot-shredded for color)
3 T. salt

Let stand overnight or about 4-6 hours. Drain (I squeeze it out with a kitchen towel)

In a big pot:
2 1/2 c. vinegar
6 c. sugar
1 Tblsp. each Dry mustard, tumeric, cornstarch,
2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Boil mixture for 15 min then add zucchini mixture and boil for another 15 min.

Makes about 6 pints.

Bottle in water bath for 20 min.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy