Hamburgers-Grilling

I never thought of needing a recipe for hamburgers. When I started making these, I just threw in some stuff I had to make the hamburger taste better. I know I just mentioned I don't just use a little of this and a little of that in my last post, but I guess I do.

We made hamburgers this weekend and I got more comments about how good they were, so I thought I would share what I do.

First, never ever used frozen hamburgers patties, when you can make your own so much better!

Take out your package of thawed hamburger. Throw it in a bowl.
Then add bread crumbs (The plain flavor you buy at the store in the can. Don't make your own. for one pound of hamburger-use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of this)
dried minced onion (can use fresh-chopped)
salt & pepper
hamburger seasoning if you have it
BBQ seasoning if you have it
garlic
season-all
Your favorite BBQ sauce. About 1/2 cup. (I like KC Masterpiece Original)

I would put amounts but I don't know and it doesn't matter if you use more or less of something.

Mix this all really well with your hands. (If this makes you want to puke, try to get your husband to do it) Then grab a big chunk and roll it into a ball and then flatten to make patties. Put them on a plate or wax paper if you have to layer to make many more.

Put these on the grill. Then put a tsp. of BBQ sauce on top. Then flip, more BBQ sauce. Then flip again to cook that in. Should be done. This is an important step because it makes the hamburgers really moist with sauce. NOT DRY. NICE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy