Healthy Salad
I saw a neighbor make this salad and after seeing it I really wanted to try it to see if it was good.
Here are the ingredients:
Baby spinach
red leaf lettuce
handful of black beans
handful of Craisins (I added this one)
1/2 avacado-cut into chunks
1/2 lemon-squeeze over salad
pepper
No dressing. While I was buying the ingredients, comparing lemons vs. bottled lemon juice. I bought the bottled juice. It might be better with real lemons, but I am cheap. I really liked this salad. After washing the spinach and lettuce, I put it all in a tupperware container to stay fresh. I opened a can of black beans rinsed and put in a ziploc bag. So to make this salad it was all ready except to cut up the avacado. With the lemon juice as your salad dressing this salad is great for you. Really all salads are good for you, it is the salad dressing that adds most of the calories and fat. I read the lemon juice bottle and was amazed at the 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 everything. Awesome! I really like the tart taste. This might be my salad to eat for a while. I love the ingredients and what a great lunch this is to eat (or late night snack if you can't control yourself from eating after your kids go to bed!)
Here are the ingredients:
Baby spinach
red leaf lettuce
handful of black beans
handful of Craisins (I added this one)
1/2 avacado-cut into chunks
1/2 lemon-squeeze over salad
pepper
No dressing. While I was buying the ingredients, comparing lemons vs. bottled lemon juice. I bought the bottled juice. It might be better with real lemons, but I am cheap. I really liked this salad. After washing the spinach and lettuce, I put it all in a tupperware container to stay fresh. I opened a can of black beans rinsed and put in a ziploc bag. So to make this salad it was all ready except to cut up the avacado. With the lemon juice as your salad dressing this salad is great for you. Really all salads are good for you, it is the salad dressing that adds most of the calories and fat. I read the lemon juice bottle and was amazed at the 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 everything. Awesome! I really like the tart taste. This might be my salad to eat for a while. I love the ingredients and what a great lunch this is to eat (or late night snack if you can't control yourself from eating after your kids go to bed!)
Comments