Kielbasa Skillet

I made this last night and as always I don't think to take pictures of things until later. So I will tell you that we all thought it was really good, even the kids.

These are the amounts I did, but of course I just threw this together so you could change amounts depending on family size. I was looking for other Kielbasa recipes and found none that I wanted to try. Alot had potatoes & carrots with seasonings. So I did this one below and would definitely do it again.

1/4 onion (chopped)
1/4 green pepper (chopped)
1 lb. Turkey Kielbasa (Any kind would do)
3-4 potatoes
6-7 whole carrots
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
seasonings

Directions:
Peel and chop potato & carrot and put in a pot of water to start cooking. Cut Kielbasa in half, then lengthwise and then bite size pieces. Chop onion & green pepper. Add onion, pepper & Kielbasa to skillet with 2 tbsp. Olive Oil. Cook until onion and pepper are done and Kielbasa is heated through and a little browned. Add can of corn and tomatoes. (I left the tomato juice in to finish cooking the carrots and potatoes). Throw those in the skillet (drained of course) with any seasonings you want. Salt, pepper, cumin, season-all, paprika. I thought about adding a little cheese, but didn't. Continue cooking in skillet until potatoes and carrots are done.

I served with Jambalaya Rice and Pears as sides. This was soooo good and worth trying out for yourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy