Pies!
It was Randy's Birthday yesterday and when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said none, I want pie! He loves his mother's recipe for pumpkin pie and it is below. I wanted a different pie and so I was going to make the cherry one. I had one can cherry and one apple. I threw the cherry in and realized it only filled half way. Instead of a trip to the store I scooped it to one side and added the apple. My pie plates are for big pies I guess! All Good!
Pie Crust:
3 c. flour
1 c. crisco
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Mix together with your hands until it is mixed evenly. Take 1/2 c. of hot tap water and put it in 1 tbsp. of vinegar. Mix this with the other stuff and roll out. Makes 4 crusts, or 2 pies if you want top and bottom.
Pumpkin Pie
Mix together:
1 big can of pumpkin (about 3 cups)
1 can of milk (evaporated)
3 tbsp. unsulfered molasses
2 eggs
Add:
1 1/2 c. of brown sugar
2 tbsp. flour
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake 15 min at 450 and then 40 min at 325. Center should not jiggle when you shake it. Will make 3 small or 2 large pies.
Left over crust roll out and put on cookie sheet and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake about 15-20 minutes. Feed to your kids while pies are baking.
1 c. crisco
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Mix together with your hands until it is mixed evenly. Take 1/2 c. of hot tap water and put it in 1 tbsp. of vinegar. Mix this with the other stuff and roll out. Makes 4 crusts, or 2 pies if you want top and bottom.
Pumpkin Pie
Mix together:
1 big can of pumpkin (about 3 cups)
1 can of milk (evaporated)
3 tbsp. unsulfered molasses
2 eggs
Add:
1 1/2 c. of brown sugar
2 tbsp. flour
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake 15 min at 450 and then 40 min at 325. Center should not jiggle when you shake it. Will make 3 small or 2 large pies.
Left over crust roll out and put on cookie sheet and top with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake about 15-20 minutes. Feed to your kids while pies are baking.
Comments