Chicken A L'Orange

I got this off internecipes. It was soooo good. It reminded me of orange chicken I used to get at Panda Express up in Provo. Really worth trying. I also did about 1 1/2 the recipe because I was serving 3 adults and 3 kids. Not many leftovers.

4 chicken breast halves
1 beaten egg
1 Tbsp water
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch mixed in 2 Tbsp water

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Dip chicken pieces in egg wash made of beaten egg and water, then coat with cornstarch. Heat butter in frying pan and brown chicken in butter until golden brown. Place in baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients except cornstarch mix in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch slurry as needed to make a thin sauce. Pour over chicken pieces and bake, covered, for 20 minutes, then remove cover and bake another 15 minutes. Serve with ham fried rice or regular rice.Yeild: 4 servings

Comments

Laurel said…
Trying this tonight. 350*, I assume?
Heather said…
Yeah! I cooked at 350. The chicken is already cooked you are just cooking the sauce and heating everything through. I hope you like this. I loved it.
Laurel said…
Yeah! So very good. I skipped the cornstarch breading/frying (I know, that's the best part) but the sauce was awesome. Next time, I may add orange zest and red pepper flakes. We like a little bite! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy