My Grandma's Banana Bread
3 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup sour milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions:
Preheat oven 350
I peel bananas first and just use a large soup serving spoon and use the back to mash. Any way you want to do it is good. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Prepared pan: It took me a while of scrubbing bread pans until I learned to put wax paper in the bottom of your bread pan and spray with oil spray. I cut off any extra because once it started smoking. This is a really neat trick for any moist breads like this. After cooking just peel off the wax paper slowly and you won't loose any in the pan like before.
Tip on sour milk: just add 1 tsp. vinegar to the milk in a seperate bowl.
Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
You can get creative by adding nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or anything else you want to throw in the batter. This also makes 1 large loaf or I like to use 2 smaller ones like in the picture. Give one away and let the kids eat the other. (usually 15 minutes after it comes out of the oven).
Comments