Thick & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I made these last night. At first I decided to try a bite to make sure it was edible. Then it was so delicious I had another bite. Then an hour later because I had already eaten half a cookie, I ate the other half. I failed my 100 days without sugar. Major dissapointment in myself. I am not sure yet if I will start over or just keep going. But I have to say it was worth cheating for these cookies. They were delicious. I saw them here. I followed the directions exactly, even the melted butter and rolling the dough in a ball and then breaking in half to place on cookie sheet. If you don't like chewy & thick cookies, you might want to try Delishfood blog's favorite cookie Chocolate Chip Amish Puff Cookies. I might make those after my 100 days are over.
Ingredients:
2 c plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c white sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven 325°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Ingredients:
2 c plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c white sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven 325°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull apart into two equal halves. Rotate halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Comments