Slow Cooker Turkey Breast

I am not cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my house, we are going to Great Grandma's. But I still love turkey and all the left overs, so I am cooking a turkey breast at home this week. I saw this recipe from Allrecipes. I changed it a little from some of the comments. It seems like butter is a must and I am not sure I will add the chicken broth, we will see.

INGREDIENTS
1 (6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
3 stalks celery
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. melted butter

DIRECTIONS
Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry. Cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin covering the breast. Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin, can also add other spices, sage, oregano, thyme. Place in a slow cooker over the chopped celery, broth, and garlic. Pour melted butter over the top. Cover, and cook on High for 1 hour, then set to Low, and cook for 7 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy