2 Step Chicken Broccoli Dinner

I saw this on Fabulessly frugal Website and saved it a while back. So this week I had some leftover cooked chicken and fresh broccoli and decided to try this one. Actually I made the casserole and put it in the fridge all ready to bake for Randy when he got home. Our kids are getting tired of frozed pizza and chicken nuggets for dinner (or maybe I am just getting tired of it)

Ingredients

1 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into spears
1 1/2 c. cooked chicken, diced
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp. butter, melted

In a shallow casserole dish, arrange broccoli spears on bottom. Top with cooked chicken. Combine soup and milk. Pour over chicken and then sprinkle cheese on top. Toast bread crumbs in a small frying pan with melted butter and then sprinkle over cheese. Bake at 425 for 25 min. Makes 6 servings. Serve with rice.

For ease of making I would give it a 5 star and it had pretty good taste. Healthy would be alot lower, but it is better than chicken nuggets and pizza.

Comments

Laurel said…
Yum! This sounds like my MIL's chicken divine, only easier! I'll try this speedy version next time. We add a dash of lemon juice and a tsp. of curry powder, which Andrew won't live without...

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy