Taco Soup

This one I got from Cherie. It is really good and healthy.


1 lb. ground turkey burger

1 can kidney beans

1 can black beans

1 can sweet corn (not drained)

1 can water

1/2 cup quick cooking barley

1 can diced tomatoes (optional)

1 can tomato sauce

salt & pepper

taco seasonings


Toppings:

chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro



Brown turkey burger and add taco seasonings. While doing that drain beans and rinse and add to rest of ingredients (except barley) in a big pot. When turkey burger done add to pot. Cook until beans are tender about 20 min. Then add barley and cook another 10 min. (The water and barley aren't exact because I just threw them in & you may want the soup more juicy, but I liked mine thicker) After you put in serving bowls add sour cream and cheese and cilantro. (The cilantro is the best part of the recipe-I Loved It) Then use chips to dip instead of crumbling them. Mmmmm. A lot tastier as leftovers.



Tip: I like mine a little spicier so I added salsa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pumpkin Muffins

Pomegranate Syrup

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy