Beans and Rice Recipe

I saw this on Super Healthy Kids blog. This was really good. I had it for lunch today for leftovers. It is very filling. I made it with brown rice just because I love it. I added some green & red peppers and seasonings. I could eat this by itself, but with meat-eaters in my family I made it with steak, corn and some fruit. The kids would have been happier without tomatoes in it.

-1 cup uncooked rice
-2 cups water
Cook in rice cooker

-1 TBL Olive oil
-1 onion chopped
Saute in frying pan then add

-1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
-1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
-1/2 tsp oregeno
-1/2 tsp garlic powder

Add cooked rice to bean/ tomato mixture and heat through.

Comments

Laurel said…
That sounds really good. Plus it all looks food storage friendly. Did your kids eat/enjoy it?
Heather said…
They did eat it, but two of them complained about the tomatoes. I only have one after my own heart. ;) I loved it and ate it for lunch for a few days. I might try it with less tomatoes next time.

Popular posts from this blog

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy

Pomegranate Syrup

Smarter Fettuccine Alfredo