Zucchini Cake
I did a Young Women's Activity and we were passing of the Personal Progress on The Plan of Salvation. So we made little kits so they could do there own Family Home Evenings. I brought this cake to have as a treat for our own little FHE since I taught them last night about it. It is so good. You all should try it.
Here is the recipe:
3 c. flour (all white or all wheat or a combination-I did all wheat)
2 C. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. shreddied zucchini (I peeled and used shredder about 2 med size)
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and liquid ingredients in another bowl, then combine the two and add zucchini and nuts. Bake in a well greased 9X13 inch pan or three 9 inch round pans at 325 for 30-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans and cool on wire racks. When cool frost between layers and on sides with cream cheese frosting.
(I cooked for about 20 minutes longer because the inside still gooey)
Zucchini cake cream cheese frosting
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Whip cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. May add a little milk if needed for right spreading consistency.
(I did half the recipe for this because I did the 9X13 cake and only frosted the top. It is a little rich so I didn't want as much. Half covered the whole top perfectly)
Hope you try it because it is so good and with the whole wheat & zucchini you can think it is good for you also.
Here is the recipe:
3 c. flour (all white or all wheat or a combination-I did all wheat)
2 C. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. shreddied zucchini (I peeled and used shredder about 2 med size)
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and liquid ingredients in another bowl, then combine the two and add zucchini and nuts. Bake in a well greased 9X13 inch pan or three 9 inch round pans at 325 for 30-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans and cool on wire racks. When cool frost between layers and on sides with cream cheese frosting.
(I cooked for about 20 minutes longer because the inside still gooey)
Zucchini cake cream cheese frosting
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Whip cream cheese and butter together. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. May add a little milk if needed for right spreading consistency.
(I did half the recipe for this because I did the 9X13 cake and only frosted the top. It is a little rich so I didn't want as much. Half covered the whole top perfectly)
Hope you try it because it is so good and with the whole wheat & zucchini you can think it is good for you also.
Comments