Nieman Marcus Cookies
I am making these for the YW activity tonight. I am in charge of Personal Progress activities once a month. Tonight the Patriarch is coming to talk to the youth about Patriarchal blessings. Here is the recipe. They are good.
Nieman Marcus Cookies (Recipe may be halved) And I halved it.
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended Oatmeal ***
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs.
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
* Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts.
Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Makes 112 cookies.
I don't know if it is our altitude, but I ended up cooking for about 15-17 minutes and after 10 I flattened them with a spatula because they were still big round balls. I also only got about 3 1/2 dozen but maybe they were a little bigger. Definately worth trying out.
Comments